Merchant Shipping (Seamen's Levy of Fees) Amendment
(PUBLISHED IN PART II, SECTION 3 , SUB SECTION (i) OF THE GAZETTE OF INDIA ON 3-7-1982)
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA / BHARAT SARKAR
New Delhi, the 22nd June, 1982.
G.S.R . 588 – In exercise of the powers conferred by clauses (d) and (e) of sub section (2) of section 218 and by Section 457 of the Merchant Shipping Act. 1958 (44 of 1958) and all other powers here unto enabling, the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Merchant Shipping (Levy of Seamen’s Welfare Fee) Rules, 1974, namely:-
1. In the Merchant Shipping (levy of Seamen’s Welfare Fee) Rules 1974, - (1) in rules 5, in sub rules (1), for the word “ for such amount as may be fixed by the proper officer, “ the words “ for such amount not exceeding rupees five hundred as may be fixed by proper officer” shall be substituted ; (2) in rule 6 for the words” the dispute shall, on an application made by either of hearing to the opposite party and his decisions shall be binding on both the parties, “ the words “ the dispute shall, if both parties there to so agree, be referred to the Director General for adjudication and in any such event the decision of the Director General shall be binding on both the Parties “ shall be substituted;
2. in rule 9, in sub rule (1) –
3. (a) for the words “ twenty four months”, at both the places where they occur, the words “ twelve months” shall be substituted; and
(b) the following provided shall be added at the end, namely “Provided that the competent authority may , for reasons to be recorded in writing, extend such period by a further period upto twelve months.”;
4. in rule 11, for the words “ one thousand rupees”, the words “ two hundred rupees” shall be substituted.
(File No. SW/MWS(43) / 78-MT)
1. Principal rules were published vide the Ministry’s Notification No. 14-MT(17) / 67 dated 15-7 1974. These rules were published in the Gazette of India Part II Subsequently amended vide the Ministry’s Notification No. SW / MWS-15 / 81-MT dated 27th March, 1981 and published in the Gazette of India , Part II, Section 3(i) dated the 28th March, 1981.
Back to rules