Merchant Shipping (Crew Accommodation)
OF SURCACE TRNASPORT
GSR, 339 (E). whereas the draft of the Merchant Shipping (Crew Accommodation) Rules, 1992 were published as required under section 175 read with section 457 of the Merchant Shipping Act, 1958 (44 of 1958) at pages 6 & 7 of the Gazette of India, Part II, Secvtion 3, Sub-section (i) dated the 16th December, 1992 under the notification of the Government of India in the Ministry of Surface Transport GSR No.3 dated the 6th December, 1992, inviting objections and suggestions from all persons likely to be effected thereby within a period of forty-five days from the date of publication of the notification of the Official Gazette.
And whereas the said Gazette was made available to the public on the 2nd January, 1993.
And whereas no objections and suggestions have been received from the public on the said draft.
Now, therefore, in exercise of powers conferred by section 175, read with section 457 of the Merchant Shipping Act, 1958, the Central Government hereby makes the following rules, namely :-
1. (1) These rules may be called the Merchant Shipping (Crew Accommodation) Amendment Rules, 1993.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazettee.
2. In the Merchant Shipping (Crew Accommodation) Rules, 1960 (hereinafter referred to as the said rules), in rule 3, after the proviso to Sub-rule (3), the following sub-rule shall be inserted, namely :-
(4) The plans shall be accompanied by fees as specified in rule 36.
For rule 36 of the said rules, the following rule shall be substituted, namely :-
36. Fees :- The fees for inspection of crew spaces or accommodation and for scrutiny of plans of crew accommodation spaces shall be as under :-
(1) Inspection of crew spaces or accommodation :-
(a) For each
visit to the ship
(2) Scrutiny of plans of crew accommodation spaces : --
ships of 1000
tons and above but
(c) ships of 7500 tons and above but
(3) Scrutiny plans of crew accommodation spaces depicting alteration or reconstruction Rs.7200
Provided that no fee shall be payable in respect of an inspection made in pursuance of clause (f) of rule 35, if the Central Government is satisfied that the inspection was made in consequence of an unjustified compliant.
Foot Note :- The Principal rules were published in the Gazettee of India vide GSR No.1568, dated 30.12.1960 and were subsequently amended vide :-
(1) GSR No.61, dated 6.1.1967.
(2) GSR No.1390, dated 12.12.1974
Back to rules