2. In view of the 2010 amendments to STCW Convention, the course curriculum for Marine Engineer Officer - Class II Second Engineer Officer (NCV) Near Coastal Voyages upto 8000 kW - except tankers has been carried out by the DGS in consultation with the maritime training institutes and all the stakeholders, accordingly a new course for this category has been developed.
3. The competence table and syllabus is attached as Annexure I.
eligible candidates from the Foreign Going and NCV streams for this
category would be required
5. It is expected that training institutes would follow these guidelines in letter and spirit.
6. The institutes are advised to issue the certificate after successful completion of the course in the prescribed format attached as Annexure II.
7. Approval of the course will be as per the guidelines issued by the Directorate from time to time.
8. Institutes intending to conduct this course are required to seek approval for the conduct of this course. The processing fee for the said course is fixed at 25,000/- which is required to be paid along with the proposal for the approval of the course. The application for approval of the course shall be accepted only after the notification of this category of Certificate of Competency.
9. This issues with the approval of the Director General of Shipping and ex-officio Additional Secretary to the Government of India, under the power conferred in the Chapter IX - Rule 47 of Merchant Shipping (Standards of Certification & watch - keeping for Seafarers) Rules, 1998.