ISPS Circular : NT/ISPS/COM/08/2004
Dated Sept 3, 2004
Sub: Registration of Ship and Port Facilities with COMMCENTRE
1. The provisions under “special measures to enhance maritime security" i.e. Chapter XI –2 of the SOLAS Convention and the ISPS Code requires that the maritime administration should provide a point of contact, effective communication for the purpose of giving necessary assistance toe the ship and ports on the matters related to security concerns. The provisions also mandate the maritime administration to disseminate security levels, threats to ships etc. to ships and port facilities in and around its coast.
2. Keeping the above provisions in mind, the Directorate General of Shipping with the consent of shipping community, port facilities has “set up” a modern communication center with the help of Indian Register of Shipping (Recognized Security Organization) to meet the provisions as aforesaid.
3. In order to comply with the provisions of ISPS Code, as aforesaid, it is mandatory that every ship having a valid "ISSC" and every port facility having a valid “SOC” shall be registered with the Directorate General of Shipping. The stated registration will entitle the ships and ports for necessary communication with the Communication Center in accordance with the stated requirement.
The fee structure shall be as under:
One time Registration Fee (to cover the capital investment for equipment & infrastructure)
A. Port Facility:
i) Major Ports: Rs. 100000 for each port
ii) Non-major port: Rs. 25,000
iii) Shipyards: Rs.25,000
i) Foreign going ships:* Rs. 10,000
ii) Coastal ships: Rs. 5000
(*Foreign going FG/Coastal ships will be decided on the trading license)
4. The communication center is functional with effect from 1st July 04 and therefore, port facilities and ships to whom necessary certificates have been issued are instructed to forward the registration fee and maintenance charges (on annual basis by way of separate demand draft / pay order payable to “Indian Register of Shipping, Mumbai” at the earliest.
5. The details of communication center may kindly be noted for information:
ISPS Communication Centre,
Directorate General of Shipping,
022 -22610606 / 22614646 / 30959320