M.S. Notice 2 of 2010
Subject : Part "A" Examinations of MEO-Cl IV; Cl-III-SEO; Cl-III-CEO (NCV).
2. Director, Maritime Education & Training of IME (I), Training Deptt, IMEI House Nerul, [ D(MET) IME(I) ] will organize and conduct examinations at various places all over the country and act as "Nodal Point" or "Controller of NCV Exams (written)".
3. Following Exams will be organized and conducted by the IME (I).
.1 MEO-CL-IV (NCV) - Part 'A' (written)
.2 MEO-CL-III (SEO) NCV - Part 'A' (written)
.3 MEO-CL-III (CEO) NCV - Part 'A' (written)
4. All D.G.S approved Institutes (for NCV preparatory courses) will conduct preparatory courses for above exams, (Flow diagram No.4 of META Manual VOL.I) for eligible candidates. (Eligibility letter is issued by MMD Examination Centers)
5. Candidates from D.G.S approved Institutes (After their completion of preparatory course for the NCV exam) will approach D(MET) IME(I) for examination conducted by them, at various centers, as per the choice of candidate.
6. D(MET) IME(I) will issue certificate of successfully passing of exam (Part 'A' in that exam category) to successful candidates. MMD's will issue Exn - 45 to these candidates based on such certification.
7. D(MET) IME(I) will submit periodic returns of break-up of Passed/Appeared / Unsuccessful candidates (for each Institute) as Statistics including number of attempts to MMD/DGS as required. And suggest methods for improving the overall quality of the examination performance.
8. D(MET) IME(I) will conduct Examination under "Quality System" and maintain the system with proper internal/external Audits and certification. Examiners will be approved by D.G.S.
9. From 01st April 2010, no institute will conduct any exam on behalf of administration & will not issue any passing certificate for any Part 'A' of NCV Examination. The IME(I) will only conduct examinations from 01st April 2010.
10. Oral examination, Part "B" of all grades of NCV examination will continue to be conducted by MMD examination centers.
11. Other conditions being in order, all the candidates who are examined by the various Institutes before 31st March 2010 will be treated as regular candidates and their Institute's exams results accepted.
12. D(MET) IME(I) will submit the examination schedule every year to the Directorate before the beginning of the year.
This issues with the approval of the Director
General of Shipping and ex-officio Additional
Secretary to G.O.I.
|Back to SHIPPING NOTICES main page|